You don’t have to splash the cash when heading out into the great outdoors – but you do need to be prepared. Check you’ve got everything that you need with our ultimate list of budget camping accessories for £20 or less!
13 must-have camping accessories under £20
Camping accessories come in all different shapes and sizes with every adventurer opting for different comfort levels when staying in the great outdoors.
One thing for certain is that when it comes to online shopping, there are countless different accessories that we can pick up for bargain prices that can improve the camping experience.
If you’re looking for that one additional feature that’ll help you rough it when sleeping outdoors, check out our list of the best budget camping accessories!
1. TREKOLOGY Ultralight Inflating Camping Pillow
Small in size and big on comfort, TREKOLOGY make some of the best budget camping gear in the game.
Getting a good night’s sleep is one of the easiest ways to boost your mood and make the most of a trip away. There’s no better way to get some much-needed shuteye than to keep nice and comfortable and with the TREKOLOGY inflatable travel pillow, comfort is a priority.
At just 110g, the pillow is super lightweight and can be deflated and stored in its very own storage bag. It’s a fantastic solution to the age-old camping pillow problem when wrapped up in your sleeping bag.
- Comfortable and anti-slip
- Inflatable to save space and maximise comfort
- Lightweight (110g) and compact
- Water resistant
- Not quite as comfortable as a full size bed pillow
- Weight: 110g
- Dimensions: 30.48 x 40.64 x 10.16 cm
2. SKYSPER Large Picnic Blanket
Picnic blankets are some of the most commonly forgotten camping accessories – make sure you pack yours with a great large item from SKYSPER.
The SKYSPER large picnic blanket is the perfect companion when camping, offering a huge space for outdoor dining with a square 200 x 200cm area. There’s an easy-clean, 3-layered design that offers a waterproof backing, avoiding the dreaded soggy picnic blanket feeling.
There’s a total of 7 different colours and patterns available for campers to choose from with the red flannelette forming our overall favourite.
- 7 great patterns and colours to choose from
- Waterproof and easy to clean
- Great large size (2 x 2m)
- Comes with a handy storage bag
- Can be difficult to repack into storage bag
- Weight: 1.2kg
- Dimensions: 200 x 200cm
3. LE 1000 Lumens Camping Lantern
With the capability of up to 1000 lumens, the LE camping lantern is bright enough to illuminate the whole tent in the evening.
The LE camping lantern is one of the most popular camping accessories available today. A long battery life, achieved with 3pcs D alkaline batteries, means that this lantern can last a huge 12 hours at the maximum 1000 lumen brightness before any battery replacement is required.
The water-resistant lantern comes complete with a top handle, allowing to hang the light from the top of a tent or carry with you to the bathroom blocks in the darkest of evenings.
- 1000 lumen capability offering maximum brightness
- 4 lighting modes and seamless dimming
- Water-resistant design
- Can be used as a hanging light
- Rechargeable batteries cannot be used
- Weight: 408g
- Dimensions: 8.8 x 9.5 x 18.4cm
- Power source: Battery
- Lumens: 1000
4. Everbeam H6 Pro LED Head Torch
Staying on the theme of camping accessories that light the way, the Everbeam H6 Pro LED Head Torch is high up on our list of must-haves when camping.
If you’re looking for a portable but powerful handsfree light source that’s perfect for camping – look no further than the Everbeam H6 Pro Headlight. The waterproof head torch is a campers best friend, offering a huge 650 lumens from a compact rechargeable headlamp that reaches distances up to 126m.
The lightweight design is both weatherproof and shatterproof, offering a rugged light source for both adventurous nighttime activity, navigating the site or packing up when it’s getting dark out.
- 650-lumen capability offering impressive brightness
- Lightweight (72g) and ergonomic
- Weatherproof and shatterproof
- 10-hour battery life before recharge
- Elastic headband can be uncomfortable after multiple hours of use
- Weight: 72g
- Dimensions: 25.6 x 16 x 6.5 cm
- Power source: Rechargeable battery
- Lumens: 650
5. Linkax LED Torch/Flashlight
One more lighting solution for the road – the Linkax LED torch, because you really can’t have too many options for illumination when camping.
A super simple, inexpensive torch should be in every campers car – ready to be found and turned on when you need it most. This example from Linkax is just that – a super simple, reliable torch that runs off of 3x AAA batteries (included with purchase) that is perfect in emergencies.
There’s nothing flash about it (get it?) – just a great little torch with over 9,000 great reviews on Amazon!
- 800-lumen capability with multiple modes
- Waterproof and shockproof with antislip handle
- Small, compact and easy to store
- 3x AAA batteries included
- Simple flashlight, other more expensive models are better
- Weight: 190g
- Dimensions: 14.7 x 5.6 x 4.4cm
- Power source: 3x AAA batteries (inlcuded)
- Lumens: 800
6. Eono Microfibre Towel
Taking a regular full-sized, home-worthy towel camping is a recipe for disaster – that’s why we always recommend taking a handy microfibre towel with you on any camping trip.
It would be criminal for a microfibre to break the bank and, thankfully, with Eono it doesn’t have to. The Amazon brand offers a total of 8 different colours and 5 different sizes for their microfibre towels, all of which are super absorbent and fast-drying.
In addition to a great selection of colours and sizes, each towel comes with it’s own carry case, ensuring that it never takes up more room that it needs to when packing.
- Sizes ranging from Small (60 x 30cm) to XXL (200 x 100cm)
- 8 great colour choices including blue, green, orange and purple
- Fast-drying, lightweight and odorless
- Carry case included
- Simple flashlight, other more expensive models are better
- Weight: 60g to 499g
- Dimensions: Ranging from Small (60 x 30cm) to XXL (200 x 100cm)
7. H&S Camping Cooker Wind Screen
Ever tried to use a camping cooker when the wind picks up to an all-time holiday high? It’s not fun, but with a sturdy camping cooker wind screen, at least your flame will stay lit.
Made from lightweight aluminium, the H&S camping cooker windbreaker is a great non-flammable addition to any camping setup. The 10-plate design offers fantastic flexibility when looking to shield camping cookers and stoves from the wind making this a top camping accessory for UK adventures.
A smart aluminium design and cloth carry-bag makes for a stylish, inexpensive solution for blustery outdoor cooking.
- Stylish polished aluminium design
- Lightweight and flexible
- Inexpensive solution to windy cooking
- Fabric carry-bag included
- Can be a little awkward to set up
- Weight: 300g
- Dimensions: 83.5 x 2 x 24cm
8. Ace Travel Buddy Biodegradable Wet Wipes
If you’re staying outdoors where there isn’t a shower (or the water is somehow below freezing) a pack of biodegradable wet wipes will do wonders for your mood (and your hygiene).
The biodegradable wet wipes are alcohol-free, hypoallergenic, paraben-free, latex-free and are infused with Aloe Vera and vitamin E, preventing any adverse reactions whilst removing body odour.
The large wipes are sized 20 x 30cm, offering a large area that will, most importantly, decompose in nature. These are one of our favourite camping accessories for both traditional campsite stays and wild camping.
- Biodegradable wipes that decompose in nature
- Alcohol-free, hypoallergenic, paraben-free and latex-free
- Infused with Aloe Vera and vitamin E
- Great adult-size 20 x 30cm
- 32 wipes per pack
- Weight: 500g
- Dimensions: 20 x 30cm
9. Orbit Innovations Collapsible Washing Up Bowl
There’s no easy way to transport a washing up bowl and if you’re anything like the average UK camper, chances are that it’ll be the last thing packed – shoved right up against the rear windscreen.
But the awkward plastic dish that is the washing up bowl as we know it doesn’t have to be a last resort when camping. Instead, prepared campers are able to pick up a super simple, inexpensive collapsible item, saving both space and stress on the last checks before heading to the campsite.
The Orbit Innovations collapsible washing up bowl is great for the camp kitchen, offering 10L of space when cleaning those dishes after bacon sandwiches, quick-and-easy pasta or top-tier BBQ.
- Collapsible and lightweight
- Inexpensive washing up solution
- Great for camping and wild adventures
- 10L of washing up space
- Colours vary on purchase
- Weight: 263g
- Dimensions: 37.5 x 27.5 x 12cm
10. Thermos Freeze Boards
If you’re bringing a camping cooler with you when camping, chances are that you’re going to want to bring a handful of freeze boards or cool packs with you to keep things cool.
Thermos offers some of the best cool-tech on the market and their freeze boards are the perfect solution for campers looking to keep their food and drinks cooler for longer.
The pack includes 3x freeze board with a single 800g pack and pair of 400g packs to disperse around the coolbox for optimum cooling. When it comes to cool packs, the Thermos freeze boards are some of the best without the hefty price tag.
- Pack of 3 freeze boards
- Heat-sealed cap with a non-toxic aqueous liquid
- Tough polypropylene exterior
- Inexpensive, high-quality cooling solution
- Not as effective as a camping fridge
- Weight: 1.68kg
- Dimensions: 32.1 x 25 x 2.9 cm
11. Lifewit Insulated Soft Cooler Bag
Speaking of a camping cooler – if you’re looking for an affordable cool bag, Lifewit is currently offering a limited-time deal on their 26L cool backpack.
The large capacity offers users the capability of cooling up to 34 cans of their favourite fizzy beverage, more than enough for a great camping trip. The bag is made from high-density, water-resistant, dirt-proof Oxford fabric with a leak-proof lining, keeping the bag looking and performing its best for a long lifetime.
The bag is one of our favourite budget camping accessories and is one that we have on our own Amazon wishlist for our next camping trip.
- Limited time deal offering great value
- Large 26L capacity big enough for 34 cans
- High-density, water-resistant, dirt-proof Oxford fabric
- Leak-proof lining
- Not as effective as a camping fridge
- Weight: 790g
- Dimensions: 32 x 25 x 40cm
- Capacity: 26L
12. EXTSUD Camping Cookware Kit 12 Pcs
Looking to cook when camping out in the UK? Looks like you’re going to be needing some camping cookware and you can’t get much more for your money than the 12 piece EXTSUD camping cookware kit.
The high-quality, FDA-approved camping cookware is made of antioxidant aluminium, providing the perfect budget base for those quick and easy camping meals. The kit contains everything that the campsite chef requires to get a great meal in for the night.
The camping kit includes an anodized aluminium camping cooking pot, a pot cover, a nonstick camping pan, two camping bowls, a soup spoon, a wooden spoon spatula, a loofah sponge and a handy nylon drawstring travel bag to keep it all together.
- 12pcs cooking accessories covering everything required
- Durable and safe aluminium construction
- Easy to carry and store
- Collapsible with drawstring travel bag
- Does not include knives or cutlery
- Weight: 558g
- Dimensions: 17.2 x 17 x 8.4cm
13. Milestone Camping Electric Air Pump
If you’re searching for an electric air pump, this budget example from Milestone is one of the most popular camping accessories, and for good reason too.
The Milestone electric air pump offers users a total of 3 different nozzle sizes, allowing for a number of different items to be inflated. The most common that we’re looking at in the camping world is the air mattress and with a flow rate of 420L/min, the pump will quickly inflate any camping bed.
The reviews of the product really speak for themselves with a plethora of 5-star reviews highlighted from the budget-friendly pump.
- Portable and lightweight electric air pump
- Includes 3 different size nozzles
- Can be used for a variety of items (including air beds)
- 420L/min airflow
- Requires a 240V mains supply
- Weight: 510g
- Dimensions: 13.4 x 12.2 x 10.2cm
FAQ: Camping accessories under £20
Have a question about one of our camping accessories under £20? Hopefully we’ll answer it in our FAQ below:
Typically, we always recommend quality items over the cheaper alternatives – but more expensive isn’t always better.
We would suggest splashing the cash on items that you’re likely to use regularly and keep for a long time. A tent, a BBQ or a backpack are items that pay to spend a little more on – but plenty of camping accessories can be purchased cheap and cheerfully without any problems!
If you’ve got a question that you’re itching to ask, feel free to reach out to us via email or through one of our social accounts and we’ll be sure to get back in touch ASAP!